Monday, January 26, 2009


Today found me eager to work on my enamels. I have in mind just what I want to do new for the next Final Friday at the Pendleton Art Center and the Kentucky Market on Feb. 19-21. Once I decide on my project and method to accomplish it, I am frantic to stay with it. Sorry to say, that didn't happen today. I needed to work at the shop and although it was a very slow day since school was cancelled and the forecast was dreary, I was able to print quite a few reports I will need to close the books on 2008. This was a relief. Just knowing I will be able to breathe easy in a few weeks once the accountant has all the figures is liberating.

My art of enameling and painting consumes my passion and my thinking. It is all I want to do. I would probably be content to never leave the house and stay in the studio the entire day. I know I have to push myself to have a life besides my studio. It is comforting that my husband is as caught up in his metal work and jewelry as I am in my pursuits. We did manage a getaway Friday and took a drive to the lake to check on the cottage. It was a beautiful day, sunny and I thought sweater weather. Nellie (our border collie) went along for the ride, too, and had quite a long nap.


My painting today, is a little river town, watercolor. It is actually just a little practice piece.

2 comments:

  1. Some practice piece, though I understand what you say. I understand your passionate intensity, too, and having to push yourself to leave the house. Tell yourself that you need to for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you writte comments in followers page ,then give back a comment,kissessss

    ReplyDelete